Your College Card will also give you access to your Campus Account. You can top-up money on your account and then you’ll be able to buy food and drink across campus using your College Card.
Five reasons why you should use your Campus Account
Royal Holloway’s Campus Account makes budgeting easy and saves you money too! Here are five reasons why you won’t want to miss out…
- As a student using your Campus Account, you'll not be required to pay the VAT (currently 20%) on many of the food and beverage purchases you make in the Campus Services catering outlets.
- If you are a resident in a ‘catered-pay-as-you-go’ hall, you’ll receive a further subsidy on the food purchases you make in the designated dining halls (around 50%).
- You can set up an automatic top-up from your bank account to your Campus Account using UpayChilli.
- We provide a £2 overdraft on all Campus Accounts, so if you spend a little too much or have forgotten to top-up, you can still get your savings.
- There is a ‘Spend Eat Save’ Loyalty Scheme attached to your account. For every pound you spend using your College Card, we’ll give you a loyalty point which can be redeemed once you have collected a minimum of 100 points (each loyalty point is equivalent to 1p).
How can I top-up my Campus Account?
There are several ways to top-up your Campus Account, these include:
- online through UpayChilli.
- using your mobile with the UpayChilli App (via the Apple Store or Google Play)
- with cash at any halls reception on campus.
Activating your Campus Account at UpayChilli
To access your account online for the first time, you’ll need your student ID number. This will be sent to you via email with your enrolment details.
Go to UpayChilli and register for an account by entering the following details:
- Affiliate ID: ROYALHOLLOWAY
- User ID: the last six digits of your student number
Crediting and managing your account
Once you've opened your account, the quickest and easiest way to top-up is online, where you can also:
- view your statement and current balance to keep track of your spending
- set a designated credit or debit card to automatically top up your account when your balance reaches a pre-determined limit, so that you always have credit in your account
- set an email reminder to be sent when your balance reaches a pre-determined limit.
You can also manage your account via your mobile phone, for more details please click here.
The online and mobile phone top up services are totally free to use and means you can avoid the queues when you want to credit your account. There are also various customer service points around campus where you can credit your account during opening hours – though please note that these can get quite busy, particularly around meal times.
For terms and conditions of the Campus Account please click here.
Step 4: Complete your identity check