We apologise for the any inconvenience caused by the current works on campus. These works are all essential to upgrade our historic estate.
Founder’s main entrance: repairs to the ramp at the Founder’s east Visitors Centre entrance
- Repairs will be made to the ramp at Founder’s east Visitors Centre entrance.
- The repairs will be made in stages, ensuring there is access throughout.
Localised diversions: Small diversions to vehicle and pedestrian traffic by the Science building up until 15 September
- The crane for the Science building will be positioned on the main campus road just outside of the site for a few hours a day up until the 15 September.
- Traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained throughout; traffic marshals will be there to direct and assist vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Access changes: The SU square work until 15 September
- Work continues to improve the SU square so it can better accommodate daytime and evening events and the main entrance is accessible.
- The SU ATM will be closed throughout this work, the closest ATM is by the Windsor Building.
Pedestrian route change: Runnymede halls refurbishment until 15 September
- Major refurbishment of Runnymede 1 blocks NPQ and JKLM is continuing.
- Until the work is finished these halls and the pathway to the Sports Centre will be blocked off.
- The alternative route is via the road between the Halls (as shown on the campus map above).
- Over the summer refurbishment works will also be carried out in Gower and Wedderburn, Kingswood 1 and 2 as well as Runnymede 2.
Delays likely: A30 toucan crossing installation works until 3 October
- A new toucan crossing is being installed to create a safe route between Royal Holloway's new George Eliot Halls on the university's north campus and the south campus.
Delays likely: Runnymede Roundabout works until March 2018
- Surrey County Council have started works on Runnymede Roundabout to improve traffic management and the efficiency of vehicle flows as well as making it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to safely navigate the roundabout.
- These works are highly likely to cause delay to routes via the roundabout and in the surrounding areas.
- Full details of these works are available here.
Delays likely: Part of Bakeham Lane will be closed until 26 September
- This means the main route to and from Huntersdale will be diverted via the A30, Christchurch road in Virginia Water and Callow Hill. Prune Hill will be accessible.
- These roadworks are not connected to the College, full details of local roadworks are available here.
- During these roadworks there is a revised shuttle Huntersdale bus schedule – the revised timetable is available here.
Science building updates
If you would like to know more about the construction of the new Science building come and meet the contractor. The next monthly meet is on the 28 September @ 10.00 in the Hub restaurant.
When information is received this update will cover local roadworks that are not connected to our estates works. More information on all local roadworks are available here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at: estateplanroyalholloway.ac.uk
This update is produced in conjunction with our main build contractors, Osborne’s for the Emily Wilding Davison Building and the Science building and Willmott Partnership Homes for the George Eliot Halls.