We apologise for the any inconvenience caused by the current works on campus. These works are all essential to upgrade our historic estate.
Route diversions: Works to the road and pavement at the back of Windsor and the front of the Computer Centre from 1 to 15 September
- During these roadworks there will be localised diversions:
- Access to the Windsor building via the front only.
- The ATM will be likely to be inaccessible for a few days.
- Diversion around the back of the Computer Centre.
Founder’s main entrance: repairs to the ramp at the Founder’s east Visitors Centre entrance
- Repairs will be made to the ramp at Founder’s east Visitors Centre entrance.
- The repairs will be made in stages, ensuring there is access throughout
Access change: Windsor patio will be finalised by 4 September
- Windsor patio is closed for resurfacing, during this work access will be via the side door.
Localised diversions: Small diversions to vehicle and pedestrian traffic by the Science building up until 8 September
- The crane for the Science building will be positioned on the main campus road just outside of the site for a few hours a day up until the 8 September.
- Traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained throughout; traffic marshals will be there to direct and assist vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Access changes: Work on the SU square and access steps continues
- Work continues to improve the SU square so it can better accommodate daytime and evening events and the main entrance is accessible.
- The SU ATM will be closed throughout this work, the closest ATM is by the Windsor Building.
Delays likely: A30 toucan crossing installation works until 3 October
- A new toucan crossing is being installed to create a safe route between Royal Holloway's new George Eliot Halls on the university's north campus and the south campus.
Pedestrian route change: Summer work to refurbish halls means the pathway by Runnymede 1 is blocked off
- Major refurbishment of Runnymede 1 blocks NPQ and JKLM has started. This means these Halls and the pathway to the Sports Centre will be blocked off all summer. The alternative route is via the road between the Halls (as shown on the campus map above).
- Over the summer refurbishment works will also be carried out in Gower and Wedderburn, Kingswood 1 and 2 as well as Runnymede 2.
Delays likely: Runnymede Roundabout works until March 2018
- Surrey County Council have started works on Runnymede Roundabout to improve traffic management and the efficiency of vehicle flows as well as making it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to safely navigate the roundabout.
- These works are highly likely to cause delay to routes via the roundabout and in the surrounding areas.
- Full details of these works are available here.
Delays likely: Part of Bakeham Lane will be closed until 26 September
- This means the main route to and from Huntersdale will be diverted via the A30, Christchurch road in Virginia Water and Callow Hill. Prune Hill will be accessible but there will be traffic lights at the top.
- These roadworks are not connected to the College, full details of local roadworks are available here.
- During these roadworks there is a revised shuttle Huntersdale bus schedule – the revised timetable is available here.
Science building updates
If you would like to know more about the construction of the new Science building come and meet the contractor. The next monthly meet is on the 28 September @ 10.00 in the Hub restaurant.
When information is received this update will cover local roadworks that are not connected to our estates works. More information on all local roadworks are available here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at: estateplanroyalholloway.ac.uk
This update is produced in conjunction with our main build contractors, Osborne’s for the Emily Wilding Davison Building and the Science building and Willmott Partnership Homes for the George Eliot Halls.