This Passport Challenge will introduce you to one of the world’s major providers of 24-hour financial news and information.
Bloomberg provides real-time and historic price data, financials data, trading news and analyst coverage, as well as general news and sports. It’s delivered via a Bloomberg Terminal.
For this Challenge you are going to complete the Bloomberg Market Concepts test (BMC). There are a range of Bloomberg Training Sessions available from the library. Register to attend here.
Even if you aren’t studying a finance or numerical degree, and even if you aren’t set on a career in banking, the BMC will look great on your CV. The content is interesting and you’ll learn things you never knew about financial markets…it might even be fun!
Here’s what to do:
- Get yourself to a Bloomberg Terminal. You’ll find 11 of them on campus:
- Three are in the library in the Davison Building.
- Six are in the computer lab in the Moore building (MX035).
- Two are in the main atrium of the Moore building.
- Log in – instructions on how to do this are available here.
- Search BMC to find the test.
- Complete the 4 modules (in your own time – you don’t have to do it all on one day. It should take 8-10 hours in total).
- Get your completion certificate and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and 15 Passport Points will be yours.
Print off your certificate and feel proud that you finished the course. You can then add the certification in a section called “Achievements” or “Awards” on your CV or in your profile section at the top. Be sure to add it to your LinkedIn profile too. You could say something like:
- Financial sector knowledge: Completed the Bloomberg Market Concepts test with a score of 75%. Learned how to use the Bloomberg Terminal and important financial benchmarks and terminology. Modules included Economics, Currencies, Fixed Income and Equities.
PLUS…the best score achieved during October will be awarded a £50 Amazon voucher!
*If more than one of you scores 100%, you will be entered into a prize draw to win the voucher.