Coming to Royal Holloway will be a big change for all students and adapting to university life can be difficult but we encourage students to embrace opportunities and make the most of their time at Royal Holloway. If you would like to discuss what support is available to you during your time as a student here please contact the team. University is not always a plain sailing journey and we are here to listen and help when you most need it. Also if you are worried about a friend do get in touch.
What we do
- Provide support and advice on wellbeing for all students.
- Offer triage appointments with referral to other services where appropriate
- Manage the cause for concern processes.
- Encourage members of the campus community to alert us to concerns or vulnerability and encourage students to seek advice and guidance when needed - before the issue becomes overwhelming.
- Assist with the transition and adjustment to university life.
- Support students in the continuation of their studies and enable them to make the most of their all-round experience at Royal Holloway.
- Health and wellbeing campaigns and events including alcohol & drugs awareness and education and promotion of good wellbeing.
- Co-ordinate and implement the Be A Good Neighbour strategy with support available for students living locally.
- Offer and manage support and follow up for complex issues including harassment, crime, and sexual violence.
Wellbeing encompasses physical, mental and sexual health, stress, tiredness, relationships & lifestyle choices. Wellbeing and studying go hand in hand, if one is suffering then it is bound to impact the other. Everybody has times when their wellbeing suffers, this may be temporary or more longer term. Either way the most important thing is knowing who to contact if you want support, information or advice.
Throughout the year we work with the Students' Union to promote wellbeing campaigns and events. Look out for our wellbeing events on campus and in the community during the year and keep up to date with what is happening via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.