Emotional problems can get in the way of your studies and life in general. If you find yourself having problems, you might find it helpful to talk to one of our professionally trained counsellors. Problems people come to us to talk about include:
- eating disorders
- childhood sexual abuse
- post-traumatic stress
- dependency on alcohol or drugs
- and many others.
We can also help with academic matters like exam phobia, procrastination and trouble concentrating.
The Counselling Service is available free to all students at Royal Holloway.
Meet the team
We're a small team of professionals based in Founder's West room 171.
- Liz Armstrong, Counsellor (FW 165)
- Dee Raja, Senior Counsellor (FW 166)
- Pat Simpson, Senior Counsellor (FW 172)
- Rosemary Underwood, Counselling Caseworker (FW 167)
- Debbie Fyrth, Counselling Caseworker (168)
- Nicky Rodgers, Counselling Caseworker (166)
- Sonia Owen, Counselling Co-ordinator (FW 171), Ext 3128
- Anne Welsford, Counselling Receptionist/Administrator (FW 171), Ext 3128
We're also supported by a team of Associate and Sessional Counsellors. Associate Counsellors are fully trained and offer their services voluntarily as they accrue experience for their final accreditation. Sessional Counsellors are accredited counsellors who support the team with additional sessions during peak times. Associate and Sessional Counsellors also work in Founder's West and support us to provide counselling coverage every day of the week.
- Barbara Allen
- Lisa Barnard
- Liz Butler
- June Cline
- Melanie Fox
- Liz Hawkins
- Anne Head
- Pauline Hollingsworth
- Imogen Koufou
- Lauren Lakritz
- Sue McGee
- Karen McMillan
- Phil Palmer
- Suzi Poole
- Rekha Savania
- Martyn Taylor
- Sara Thompson
- Sue Kinder
To see a counsellor you can either:
We're open from Monday to Friday, 9am - noon then 1pm - 4pm.