For any queries on insurance related matters, please email -


If you are driving on College Business in your own car, you should ensure you have the correct insurance. In order to claim back expenses for mileage, you must submit a form to go on the approved drivers list. This list is approved by Health and Safety.  Details here.

If you need to drive a vehicle owned by the University, you will need to email an authorised driving declaration form (form below) along with a copy of your licence card front and back to

If you are a student and are driving for research or education purposes, then you must complete a declaration before we can reimburse your mileage.

Driver Declaration for Non Business Mileage

Travel Insurance

Staff and students are covered by the College’s Travel Insurance Policy provided that the Insurance Officer is informed of the trip in advance, any relevant risk assessment is completed and the travel is not against medical advice or advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

From 1 February 2015 no payment will be made to staff or students for any travel insurance taken out personally.

Departments will be charged for student trips of more than 5 people or for trips of more than 2 weeks, details of the rates are here.  There may be an additional charge for staff trips over 30 days or to high risk areas which will be chargeable to the department, these will be advised in advance.

Partners and children accompanying the traveller can be covered by the policy at an additional charge which must be paid personally by the traveller to College.

For Student Placements, including Study Abroad, see the information on the Health and Safety website, in particular regarding insurance – it is the student’s responsibility to obtain appropriate insurance.

College will not make a claim for property or cancellation insurance of less than £100, any losses under this value should be notified to the Insurance officer and may be reimbursed to the individual. Medical and other claims will be met in full as will any property or cancellation claim over £100. 

No claim will be considered if the trip has not be advised to the Insurance Officer before travel unless there are exceptional circumstances to take into consideration.

Details of the policy are here.

To inform the Insurance Officer of a proposed trip, complete the online form.


Ministry of Justice Reforms

For Claimant Solicitors, Ministry of Justice Reports, please see

MOJ Important Information for Claimant Solicitors


Loan of equipment form

Blue Grey