In May 2017 I announced a redesigned Professional Services structure to enable us to work better together. As a result we now have a structure that is simpler and is contributing to breaking down silos. By clarifying the responsibilities of the directorates, and where appropriate bringing them together under a common purpose, the new, simpler structure also enables us to be more responsive and adaptable. The redesign has also provided opportunities for colleagues to develop their careers through new roles.
I am pleased to announce that we have further enhanced the Professional Services leadership team with several appointments. By introducing new talent into the College we are in a better position to strengthen our reputation for teaching excellence, world class research and an outstanding student experience, and in doing so, more able to achieve our growth ambitions.
- Robert Hall is appointed Director, Academic Services, starting on Monday 9 April. Robert joins us from King’s College London where he held the role of Director, Library Services and Employability.
- Alicen Nickson is appointed Director, Research and Enterprise, starting in April. Alicen joins us from Brunel University where she held the role of Deputy Director, Research Support and Development.
- Robert Westcott remains the interim Director, Information Technology until the end of 2018.
We have also made leadership appointments within three of the directorates; Academic, Governance and Legal Services and Marketing and Communications.
- Angela Milln is appointed Director, Student Recruitment, starting on the 19 February.
- Elaina Moss has been appointed Legal Counsel. Elaina joined us in December 2017.
- Matthew Brooke remains the Acting Director, Library and Learning Resources.
- Caroline Beck remains the Acting Director, Student Administration.
I hope you will join me on congratulating colleagues on their new roles and welcoming new individuals to Royal Holloway.
Dr David Ashton
Chief Operating Officer