We apologise for the any inconvenience caused by the current works on campus. These works are all essential to upgrade our historic estate.
Access change: Windsor patio & auditorium works from 14 – 25 August
- Windsor patio will be closed while new paving is laid, during this work the patio will be closed and access will be via the side door.
- The current patio is being lifted and not broken up, this means that there won’t be a noise impact inside the Windsor Building.
- The auditorium will be closed from the 18to 25 August for the floor to be glossed.
- Bike shelter on Windsor patio is moving, any bikes left will need to be retrieved from the estates team.
Access changes: Access via the steps & ramp to the south side of the SU temporarily closed from 12 August
- Work will start on Saturday 12 August to the steps and access ramp on the south side of the Student Union, there will be no access during this work.
- Access to the area during this time will be via alternative campus routes, but there won’t be accessible access to Munro Fox building.
Minor diversions: Works on the road by the north east corner of Founder’s from 14 – 20 August
- Access will be maintained throughout this work with localised vehicle and pedestrian diversions.
Minor works: Work in the Boilerhouse café & courtyard between 14 and 18 August
- The café and courtyard will remain open throughout the work, small areas might be closed off during the works.
Access changes: Road by arts will be tarmacked on Wednesday 16 August
- The work will be carried out in two parts, with access via one of the main doors maintained at all times
- From Thursday 17 August access to the Arts building will be back to normal.
What’s coming up?
Founders Square: From 21 August Founder’s Square and pedestrian access along Founder’s East will be open
- There will continue to be some localised work but the main area will be open
Access to Founder’s East: In early September the Principal’s entrance and the main entrance will temporarily close
- Exact dates and duration of the works are to be confirmed.
- At least two entrances on Founder’s East will remain open at all times.
Route diversions: Works on the main campus road by the Computer Centre from 1 to 14 September
- During these roadworks pedestrian traffic will be diverted round the back of the Computer Centre.
Delays likely: Toucan crossing installation works 7 August – 3 October
- A new toucan crossing is being installed to create a safe route between Royal Holloway's new George Eliot Halls on the university's north campus and the south campus.
Traffic on campus & service disruption: Library migration continues until 20 August
- The migration of the Library collections will continue until approx. 20 August and during this time there will be additional vehicle traffic around Bedford and Founder’s libraries.
- When necessary there will be traffic management in place, please be vigilant and follow their guidance.
- Library services and study spaces will be available throughout the move, but there will be some disruption. Stay up to date on what is available each day through Library webpages.
Access changes: The SU square work continues
- Work continues to improve the SU square so it can better accommodate daytime and evening events and the main entrance is accessible.
- The SU ATM will be closed throughout this work, the closest ATM is by the Windsor Building.
Delays likely: Runnymede Roundabout works until March 2018
- Surrey County Council have started works on Runnymede Roundabout to improve traffic management and the efficiency of vehicle flows as well as making it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to safely navigate the roundabout.
- These works are highly likely to cause delay to routes via the roundabout and in the surrounding areas.
- Full details of these works are available here.
Delays likely: Part of Bakeham Lane will be closed until 26 September
- This means the main route to and from Huntersdale will be diverted via the A30, Christchurch road in Virginia Water and Callow Hill. Prune Hill will be accessible but there will be traffic lights at the top.
- These roadworks are not connected to the College, full details of local roadworks are available here.
- During these roadworks there is a revised shuttle Huntersdale bus schedule – the revised timetable is available here.
Pedestrian route change: Summer work to refurbish halls means the pathway by Runnymede 1 is blocked off
- Major refurbishment of Runnymede 1 blocks NPQ and JKLM has started. This means these Halls and the pathway to the Sports Centre will be blocked off all summer. The alternative route is via the road between the Halls (as shown on the campus map above).
- Over the summer refurbishment works will also be carried out in Gower and Wedderburn, Kingswood 1 and 2 as well as Runnymede 2.
Science building updates
If you would like to know more about the construction of the new Science building come and meet the contractor. The next monthly meet is on the 17 August @ 10.00 in the Hub restaurant.
When information is received this update will cover local roadworks that are not connected to our estates works. More information on all local roadworks are available here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at: estateplanroyalholloway.ac.uk
This update is produced in conjunction with our main build contractors, Osborne’s for the Emily Wilding Davison Building and the Science building and Willmott Partnership Homes for the George Eliot Halls.