Throughout academia there is a growing emphasis on the impact of our research in society at large - what difference can it make and how? Who are the non-academic beneficiaries of our research and what can we do to realise its benefits?
Research impact now features in most funding calls, in university promotion structures and in public attitudes to research.
- What research impact is - and what it isn’t
- Different types of external stakeholders, and different kinds of research impact
- Top tips and tools for planning your impact activities
- Research impact in funding applications and the REF
- Support available at Royal Holloway
The course is suitable for academics at any stage of their career who are new to the impact agenda and/or would like a refresher.
Led by: Kristina Glushkova and Olivia Swift, Impact Managers, Research & Enterprise, with a talk by Jessie Ricketts, Director of Impact at the Department of Psychology