Posted on 09/07/2015
Active lifestyle and sport play an essential part in College life, and as such we have significantly increased our offer so that we can better encourage a study/life balance underpinned by health and well-being. To increase our offer further this summer we will be finishing outstanding works on the newly constructed playing field pitch at East Field.
Once completed the East Field will become the home for American Football, as well as being available for use for all field sports. Staff, students and our local community will all be able to benefit from September.
These works will include:
• spectator area surrounding the pitch using the natural bank
• enhanced secondary pitch drainage
• replacement of all perimeter fencing and ball stop fencing
• spectator paths and access improvements
• infrastructure works for any future developments (floodlighting/irrigation).
The work, which started last week, should take around six weeks to complete. Noise will be kept to a minimal with excavation for paths happening in the first few weeks.