86% of recent graduates from the Department were in full time employment or further study within six months of graduation.
Graduates from the Department of Psychology work for a wide variety of organisations, such as:
- Ipsos Mori
- Ernst & Young
- local government agencies
- schools and universities
- mental health charities such as Rethink
- media organisations such as the BBC.
Graduates in Psychology from Royal Holloway embark on professional careers as psychologists in various specialist areas, such as:
- occupational psychology
- health psychology
- educational psychology
- clinical psychology
- counselling psychology
Graduates also venture down a wide range of other career paths, including:
- management training in industry and the public sector
- human resources management
- work in the financial sector
- management consultancy
- recruitment consultancy
- university administration.
Many graduates also decide to further their studies with the department and stay on to study at postgraduate level.
Find your Psychology course