Posted on 08/10/2013
The 2012 Postgraduate Research student survey was open from 14 April until 30 June, and was made available to all active research students at the College. In the survey Royal Holloway research students highlighted the following themes:
- Students would appreciate clearer guidance from their supervisors regarding the upgrade process, annual review requirements and pastoral support mechanisms
- Students are very concerned about limited access to journals and other materials. Feedback on library provision has not improved since last year
- A request has been made for a library drop box for students living in London (this could perhaps be located at Bedford Square)
- Students would like instances in which departments are collaborating on an interdisciplinary basis to be highlighted more obviously to them, and would also like to be considered alongside established members of staff as fellow researchers with a view to encouraging the research culture in their departments
- The proportion of respondents with a positive impression of the research culture at the College has improved substantially since last year’s survey
The College response to these points is now available: click here to download and read it.
We hope this response to your feedback helps to show how highly we value you, our fantastic research students!