We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > For staff
More in this section For staff

For staff


 All degree programmes are subject to Academic Regulations, which can be found on the Academic Development website. Regulations on assessment can also be consulted at this link.

Regulations applying specifically to postgraduates are:

  • Postgraduate Regulations (for taught programmes - Master's and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology);
  • Research Degree Regulations and Code of Practice for the Academic welfare of Postgraduate Research Students (for MPhil and PhD).

For regulations and guidance on the examination of research degrees, please follow this link.

All students, irrespective of their programme of study, should consult the following:

Academic report forms for students and staff

Changes in enrolment - for students 

The following changes can happen to a student's enrolment status during a programme of studies:

  • Interruptions (i.e., suspending your studies with a view to resume within two calendar years);
  • Withdrawals (i.e., to terminate your studies at Royal Holloway permanently);
  • Change of degree (for Master's and Diploma students only);
  • Change in mode of attendance (i.e., from full-time to part-time)

Further information on all of these changes and the forms required are available from Student Records.

Extensions to the writing-up period

Postgraduate Research student who commenced on or after 1st September 2006 who are experiencing circumstances affecting their ability to submit the thesis by the set deadline, they should apply for a request to extend their College registration and not to interrupt their studies. Please note that requests for extension will be assessed by the Deputy Principal and will be granted only in exceptional circumstances. The Supervisor and Director of Graduate Studies must support the request, and documentary evidence must be submitted.

In the writing-up year, interruptions will only be permitted for long-term / serious extenuating circumstances where these are such that the student is unable to undertake work at all. These interruption requests can be made by submitting the standard interruption form, however the request will be vetted by the Graduate School and the final decision made by the Faculty Dean. 

Full guidance for staff and the extension request form and can be downloaded from Academic Development.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback