We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > SMLLC home > Prospective students > Spanish > Spanish as a minor
More in this section Course units

Spanish as a minor

Students taking Spanish in this way complete just one unit of Spanish language each year. Degree programme titles are ‘X with Spanish.’  If the major field of study is not a language, there is no year abroad.


We do not currently accept minor students of Spanish for the beginners' pathway.

This is the Period of Residence Abroad (PRA) in Spain or another Spanish-speaking country for all Single , Major and Joint Honours students. Depending on degree programme, all or part of the year may be spent in Spain or a Spanish-speaking country studying at a university, working as a language assistant, or in other approved employment. Students on other programmes (such as Multilingual Studies) may also opt to spend all or part of their PRA in Spain or a Spanish-speaking country. The year is assessed and counts towards the Royal Holloway degree by means of an oral examination the following autumn and the validation of foreign examination results or a report written by students working abroad on their PRA.

SN2401 Full Year Study Abroad: University Transcripts / Credits (one unit)
SN2402 Half Year Study Abroad: University Transcripts / Credits (½ unit)
SN2201 Full Year Work Placement Report (one unit)
SN2202 Half Year Work Placement Report (½ unit)
SN2501 Full Year Oral Examination (one unit)
SN2502 Half Year Oral Examination (½ unit)


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback