The Student-Staff Committee discusses academic related matters relevant to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The committee meets twice during the Autumn and Spring terms and once during the Summer term. Student representatives are elected during the year meetings at the start of each year.
The student representatives for the academic year 2016-17 are:
- Year 1: Wiza Kaluba and Charles Smith (joint honours rep.)
- Year 2: Samuel Kerr and Liam Morgan
- Year 3: Emily Drury and Anna Fletcher
- MSci: Miriam Groombridge and Simon Ford
You said... We did
- In 2015/16, you complained that in Wettons, sometimes there were music lesons going on next door, interrupting lectures. We raised a maintenance request, which was then pushed through as a major works request, and there is now sound-proofing between Wettons A and B.
- In 2014/15, you suggested that there could be additional training for project students in how to use LaTeX. We rearranged the webpages to make the material more transparent, and added a new training resource.
- You also suggested that calculator training was provided at the wrong time of year, and needed to be made available to students close to exam time. We put the resources online so that you can take the course whenever you need to.