The University of London Depository was built on campus in the 1950s as a closed access store for all of the colleges of the University of London.
Royal Holloway Library uses the Depository to store less used material. This creates room within the libraries for stock expansion and study space.
All material held in the Depository remains available to view or loan.
Making a Depository request
Click here to submit a Depository request
- You may locate material held in the Depository by searching the Library Catalogue.
- When ordering a book from the Depository, please complete the form as fully as possible to help us to locate the item.
- Orders may be placed directly via the web page using the Depository Library request form, or at the Library help desks.
- If you are requesting a journal, please state the year, the volume and the part of the volume that you want.
- If you are looking for a particular article, state the author, title and pages of the journal that you are interested in as well as the journal itself.
- The loan periods for depository items are the same as for other material held by the Library. However, Undergraduates and Postgraduates may borrow journals for up to one week. Depository items may be renewed.
- Requests generally arrive within 3 to 5 working days. You will be notified via college email on the arrival of your item. All items will need to be collected from and returned to the help desk in Founder’s Library. Items cannot be sent directly to the reader. Some items, including all theses, cannot be removed from the library and are available for viewing within the library between 8.30am and 7pm, Monday to Friday. Please check the opening hours for weekend availability.