Home > Library home > Research Support > Open Access > OA: What about the agreement I have with my publisher?
More in this section faq articles

OA: What about the agreement I have with my publisher?

OA: What about the agreement I have with my publisher?

The majority of major publishers already allow authors to deposit the 'author final version' of a publication in institutional repositories. Details of publishers' approaches to Open Access can be found at the SHERPA/RoMEO website.

The College encourages its staff to retain personal copyright over material submitted for publication. Where a publisher will not publish without the assignment of copyright, staff are encouraged to negotiate to retain the right, or be granted a licence by the publisher, for themselves and the College to use the academic publication for teaching, research and associated purposes without charge. Please contact the Open Access team to discuss different options.

There will always be circumstances in which it is not possible to deposit, for example for commercial or confidentiality reasons, or copyright restrictions. In these cases the research publication should be added into Pure as "Closed", and there can either be a complete embargo or the details can appear without the full text until permission is given or an embargo period has expired.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback