RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic manager that allows you to
- import references from library catalogues or online databases
- automatically add references to webpages using the RefGrab-It tool
- create a bibliography automatically in any of over 300 reference formats
- Add citations while writing in MS Word on PCs or Macs using a special plug-in
- share collections of references with non-RefWorks users across the Internet using the RefShare module
You can also use RefWorks to store files within a reference (up to 5mb each, with a 100mb limit per user).
How do I access it?
Access is via this link.
When you first use RefWorks you will need to register. From off campus, you also need our Group Code which is RWRoyalH. Then fill in your registration details as follows:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Choose your login name and password
- Select your user type (e.g. undergraduate)
- Select your focus area (e.g. humanities)
- Select ‘register’ to finish
How do I find out how RefWorks works or get help?
- Download the RefWorks Quick Start Guide, provided by Refworks.
- For help with starting to use RefWorks at Royal Holloway, download our own brief guide.
- Watch the RefWorks Online video tutorials, which can be found from the Help menu. Go to Tutorial,and a new page will open with a list of topics.
- Sign up for Computer Centre course IS228, via this Training link
- The Open University’s RefWorks: Importing data from specific databases page is a comprehensive guide to using RefWorks in conjunction with online databases (e.g. Web of Science),
- For further information on importing data, and citation styles, go to the RefWorks Help Topics page.