EndNote is a client-based (i.e. installed on a computer) software package to enable you to:
- organise, store and manage your references
- create bibliographies automatically in MS Word or OpenOffice
- directly import references from Library journals databases (e.g Web of Science) and library catalogues including Royal Holloway’s and the British Library.
The latest version of EndNote is installed on all the machines in the student PC Labs.
How do I get EndNote?
College Staff and postgraduates with College PCs
The software is available to self-install on any College-owned computer as follows:
- Close all MS Office applications including Outlook.
- Open Windows Control Panel
- Select "Run Advertised Programs" ( listed alphabetically in Classic Control Panel view and is under "Add/remove programs" in Category Control Panel view) - if this is not available then please log a call with the IT Department to register your PC name and have SCCM software installed first.
- Select "Thomson Reuters Endnote..."
- Select "Run"
- It will then prompt to download, tick the "run when downloaded" option and select "Download"
The software will take fewer than two minutes to download and then the same again to install.
On laptops or Macs, EndNote can be installed from CD-ROMs. Please log a call with the IT Department to request installation.
Privately owned computers
- College staff and students are entitled to purchase highly discounted copies of the software for their own personal computers using this link to the U.K. agents, Bilaney Consultants. You must place the order using your Royal Holloway email address. This will enable you to order EndNote at the lowest available subscribers' prices.
How do I find out more about it or get help?
Connect with us