The following books have information about the history of the Bedford and Royal Holloway Colleges:
- Tuke, M., 1939. A History of Bedford College for Women 1849-1937. London: Oxford University Press (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- Bentley, L., 1991. Educating Women: A Pictorial History of Bedford College University of London 1849-1985. [S.I.]: Alma in conjunction with Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (available in Bedford Library)
- Crook, J.M., ed., 2001. Bedford College: memories of 150 years. Egham: RHBNC (available in Bedford Library)
- Williams, R., 1993. Royal Holloway College: A Pictorial History. Egham: Royal Holloway College (available in the College Archives)
- Bingham, C., 1987. The History of Royal Holloway College 1886-1986. London: Constable (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- Salt, C. & Bennett, L., 1986. College Lives: Royal Holloway and Bedford New College University of London, London: Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- There is also a brief history of the College on the About Us pages of the website.
If you have a specific query or would like more in depth information about an aspect of the College’s history please contact the College Archives who maintain records of the Colleges dating back to their foundations. You can contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01784 443814.
To find out more about what the Archives hold please visit the Archives' website where there is an overview of the collections and a searchable online catalogue.