The following books have information about the history of the Bedford and Royal Holloway Colleges:
- Tuke, M., 1939. A History of Bedford College for Women 1849-1937. London: Oxford University Press (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- Bentley, L., 1991. Educating Women: A Pictorial History of Bedford College University of London 1849-1985. [S.I.]: Alma in conjunction with Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (available in Bedford Library)
- Crook, J.M., ed., 2001. Bedford College: memories of 150 years. Egham: RHBNC (available in Bedford Library)
- Williams, R., 1993. Royal Holloway College: A Pictorial History. Egham: Royal Holloway College (available in the College Archives)
- Bingham, C., 1987. The History of Royal Holloway College 1886-1986. London: Constable (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- Salt, C. & Bennett, L., 1986. College Lives: Royal Holloway and Bedford New College University of London, London: Royal Holloway and Bedford New College (available in Bedford and Founders Libraries)
- There is also a brief history of the College on the About Us pages of the website.
If you have a specific query or would like more in depth information about an aspect of the College’s history, please contact the College Archives, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01784 443814.