Posted on 02/12/2011
The opening hours will be unaffected by the building work. The Bedford and Founder’s Libraries opening hours are shown here.
Access to books and journals
- Access to all books on Levels 2 and 3 is unaffected, including the Short Loan collection;
- There will be no access to Level 1 for users of the Bedford Library. Access to book and journal stock will be provided through a retrieval service operated by Library staff. This is likely to be a twice daily collection, and this service will be operated from the Helpdesk on Level 2. The information in this section will be updated as the retrieval process is agreed with the contractor.
- Access to all study spaces on Levels 2 and 3 will be unaffected, apart from access to the group rooms (see below);
- There will be no access to any study space on Level 1.
- Access to the PCs on Level 2 will be unaffected.
- There will be no access to the PCs on Level 1.
- There will be no access to any group rooms in Bedford Library during the Christmas vacation.
Printing, Photocopying and Binding facilities
Access to the printing, photocopying and binding facilities in Bedford Library will be unaffected.
The Helpdesks will operate normally over the Christmas vacation. Most staff will be temporarily relocated away from Bedford Library during the vacation, but staff will be available on their normal telephone numbers and email addresses, and will be able to provide assistance as they would normally.
What is happening in Bedford Library over the Christmas vacation?
For information about the project, please click here.