The CampusAnywhere VPN allows you to connect to the Campus Network and access College-licensed software, library resources, and network drives from anywhere. It's not needed for Moodle or College email.
- You must have Mac OS X version 10.7 or higher. Note- Earlier versions must upgrade first.
Exception: the VPN connector does not currently work with Touch Bar Macbooks. We are looking for a solution.
Setting up and running the VPN Client
- Download the F5 Big-IP Edge Client - click here, then run and install the program
- In Applications open Big-IP Edge Client
- Click the empty box, Add New Server, and type: webvpn.rhul.ac.uk
- Click Verify. Once successfully verified, click Add and Connect
- Enter your username (in the format zyxw321) and password, then click Connect. The F5 icon near the clock will light up and window should say Connected. You can click Disconnect to finish your VPN session.
Once set up, you just need to follow steps 2 and 5 to connect in future.
Click here to set up your Y: drive or other network drives
If you encounter issues or the CampusAnywhere VPN stops working, it may be worth performing a full uninstall followed by reinstallation.
- Run the BIG-IP Edge client program as in Step 2 above.
- Use the BIP-IP Edge Client menu at the top, choose Preferences, then Advanced, then Uninstall on both items.
- In Finder, use the Go menu -> Go to Folder... and enter Library. Search for "f5networks". There should be one folder called F5Networks and one or two com.f5networks.* files which you can move to trash. You don't need to remove anything else.