If you are unable to log in to your student email account, you will need to make a note of the error message you receive, then visit this page to see what the problem is.
If you receive a message: We don't recognise this User ID or password
- Usually this is a problem with the format of the username. Double-check the username is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org where abcd123 is your normal college login. Note that this is not your email address.
- Check you have entered the password correctly, and don't have Caps Lock on.
- If you're sure you're entering them correctly, it may be that your password is not set correctly on your email account. Change or reset your College password to update the email account password. Note: you should be able to 'change' it to the same password you currently use, unless it is very short.
If you receive a message: This account can't be used to access Outlook.com
- Click the sign out link in the error message
- Make sure you are going to mail.live.rhul.ac.uk rather than any other page: as in the image above, the login page should say Office 365, not Outlook.com
If you receive a message: You've tried to sign in too many times
If you receive a message: Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in (80043431)
- This is usually the result of trying to log in to the Office 365 for Staff page instead of the student email login page. It is possible to get to this page by entering a username with '@rhul.ac.uk' on the end instead of '@live.rhul.ac.uk'
- Go to mail.live.rhul.ac.uk to get the correct login page
- Make sure you enter the username in the format email@example.com, not firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or issues with this, please contact the IT Service Desk: