The SPSS Legacy Viewer (SmartViewer 15) is a freely distributed application for viewing SPSS Output Navigator (.spo) files created by SPSS version 15 or earlier. These files cannot be opened using SPSS version 16 or higher.
The Viewer lets you edit ‘.spo’ files, but you cannot export them to other applications, other than by copy/paste.
To automatically open files with the viewer:
- Right click a '.spo' file, select properties.
- Next to "Opens with", click "Change".
- On the "Open With" dialog, click "Browse". (Do not select SPSS from the list.)
- Browse to "C:\Program Files\SPSS Viewer" and select spssnav.exe.
- Click "Open" and check "Always use the selected program for this kind of file", then click "OK".
This software is not supported by IT Services; additional help is available from the IBM Support website. If you experience problems displaying graphs and charts in Windows 7 or Vista click here. SPSS Legacy Viewer requires Windows XP (not supported by IT Services or Microsoft) or higher