You can easily retrieve a previous version of a file that you saved to your (Y:) drive within the last 7 days.
Note: these instructions assume you have not deleted the file. If the file has been deleted please see the FAQ that covers how to restore deleted files.
To retrieve a previous version of a file:
- Display My Computer (Computer on Windows 7) by double-clicking on it on the Desktop or Start menu.
- Double-click on your (Y:) drive [Home on 'MyData' (Y:)] to display all of the folders and files that have been saved to it.
- Locate the file you wish to retrieve the previous version of.
- Right-click on the file and select Properties to display the Properties dialogue box.
- Select the Previous Versions tab to display a list of available dates/times that can be restored.
- Double-click on the date/time that you wish to restore. The file will open in the application (e.g. Word) in which it was created.
- Once you have confirmed that it is the file you wish to restore save the file to (Y:) drive in the normal way.
Note: To ensure you do not accidentally overwrite the existing file you are recommended to save the file with a different filename.