Resizing is achieved using either the Width/Height textboxes or using the slider control in the Image Editor.
If you are creating an image for a pre-set placeholder, the maximum size will be limited for you automatically:
- select the image in the Navigator
- click on Create Variation from the menu
- the Image Editor screen opens
- select a file type to save the image as.
Typically, images will be saved as JPEGs with 80 per cent quality, but you can choose to save as a GIF or PNG too. The quality of JPEGs can be modified by adjusting the value in the textbox. When editing PNGs the transparency is maintained.
- at any point you can preview changes in the image editor by simply hitting the Preview option
- type in the new Image Name.
When you edit images in Contensis you are never editing the original - this is always left as-is and sub-versions are created.
You can see from the screenshot that an image can have various size versions, and altered versions.
Size versions are identical to the original except a different size has been created.
Altered versions have had cropping and effects applied.
Other FAQs you may find useful: