Within Contensis, you can include a hyperlink to another page or section of the website in the left-hand menu. This is useful for saving time when reusing a regular link on several different pages as you can simply create one hyperlink in the menu (which appears on all pages) instead. It can also help with navigation.
To create a hyperlink:
- Right-click on the folder in which you would like the hyperlink to appear and choose ‘create new content’. As well as the option to create a new webpage, you should have the choice of creating a new hyperlink.
- If this option does not appear, please email the IT Service Desk.
- Select the Hyperlink type and give the hyperlink a title, file and menu name before clicking finish.
- You then have the option to edit the newly created hyperlink which you should select to complete this process.
- Once you have selected this option, follow the same process for creating hyperlinks within webpages. Read more here.
- It is best to select ‘browse CMS content’, after which a new box will pop-up allowing you to select the page or folder within Contensis that you would like to link to.
- Save your selection and save the page before previewing to make sure the hyperlink works and showing the correct page.
- When you are happy with the hyperlink, click on workflow (across the top of the edit window) and submit and approve to make it live.
- To sort out where it appears within the left-hand menu, you will need to manage the menu, which can be done by right-clicking on the folder, selecting manage menu and ticking the pages that you wish to appear in the menu.
- You can also rearrange the order by dragging and dropping the pages into the order you would like.
- Click apply changes and the menu will update within 30 minutes. Click here for more information.