- To safeguard Royal Holloway’s position in a competitive market
- To help recruit and retain the best students and staff
- To highlight the excellence in teaching and research in a wider context
Our academics do not just teach our students and help them to become leaders in their field, but they also carry out important research which helps to make a real difference – for example our researchers were awarded a large grant to look into the decline of bumblebees.
- To communicate the value of going to university and a degree at Royal Holloway
With the increase of tuition fees it has never been more important to promote the value of a degree and providing value for money – whether that be through alumni success stories or details of our careers programmes or the impact of our volunteering opportunities
- To promote good community relations with our neighbours
Our local community is very important to us. Many of our students live out in the surrounding areas and we are one of the biggest local employers in the area. We want local residents to value our presence in their community, not simply because of our stunning Founder’s building but because of our student volunteering, community events, and widening participation.