This Policy and Procedure sets out the College’s management arrangements for the use of lasers. It requires that the potential for harm to staff, students and other persons from work with laser equipment is either prevented, or where that is not reasonably practicable, is adequately controlled.
The following documents relate to laser safety:
- Appendix 1 - Duties of Departmental Laser Safety Officers (Version 1, November 2014)
- Appendix 2 - Radiation Safety Group - Membership & Constitution (Version 2, May 2013)
- Appendix 3 - Laser Personal Registration form (Version 2, January 2015)
- Appendix 4 - Registration of Laser form (Version 2, January 2015)
- Appendix 5 - Laser Survey form (Version 2, January 2015)
- Appendix 6 - Accompanying notes to the Laser Survey Form (Version 2, January 2015)
- Appendix 7 - Code of Practice - Laser Pointers and Pens (Version 3, November 2014)
Where any doubt exists as to the action to be taken or advice and assistance is required, please contact the College's Laser Safety Officer.