We will improve the sharing of Royal Holloway-specific messages, making them:
- Time-critical and instant announcements.
- Inform about news and events to create a sense of community.
- More effective.
- Relevant to students, staff and visitors.
- Compliant with Royal Holloway brand guidelines.
- Compliant with accessibility guidelines.
- Consistent with campus planning principles for digital signage in public spaces.
Communications and External Relations reserves the right to refuse or remove any digital signage content that does not portray Royal Holloway, its departments, services, activities, staff or students in a positive light.
Digital messaging is appropriate for:
- Promoting departmental information, including on-campus services and campus-related news (including important dates and deadlines).
- Encouraging membership and participation in Royal Holloway-recognised student groups and those groups’ activities and events.
- Promoting campus events, elections and referenda of Royal Holloway-recognised student groups, events calendar, and promoting campaigns (e.g. severe weather alerts).
- Recruitment of volunteers.
- Messaging for external/public events (by Outreach, Recruitment and Conferences).
Digital messaging is not appropriate for:
- Material that may reasonably offend community members and campus guests through provocative messages, text and/or images.
- Material with audio content.
- Material that advocates particular political parties, candidates or campaigns.
- Material that is protected by copyright.
- Material that may violate individuals’ privacy.
- Messages advocating/encouraging the consumption of alcohol, tobacco (the exception being College run services such as Crosslands) or drugs, or participation in gambling or games of chance.
- Promotion of for-profit businesses and services, excluding Campus Services, (e.g. tutoring, housing rentals).
- Messages in languages other than English without an accompanying English translation.
- Fund-raising announcements for causes that are not directly supported and formally endorsed by Royal Holloway.