The Academic Quality and Policy Office is responsible for a broad range of activities including academic quality assurance and enhancement, academic regulatory and policy support, investigating academic appeals, overseeing academic student disciplinary matters, and servicing the key academic governance committees. The Head of this office manages a team of Assistant Registrars, who work closely with the Deans of the Faculties, and a team of the Academic Quality Officers who support the work of the Assistant Registrars. The team more generally is supported by an Administration Officer.
Head of Academic Quality and Policy Office
- Responsible for leading and managing the Academic Quality and Policy Office;
- Works closely with the Academic Registrar and Vice-Principal (Education) contributing to the development of policy and academic regulations in relation to the academic provision for all students, the quality assurance and enhancement of such provision and the implementation of relevant objectives in the College’s Teaching and Learning Strategy;
- Provides support to the Deputy Principal on the development and quality assurance oversight of collaborative provision.
- Operation of all faculty-based quality assurance processes (programme validation and annual review) and secretaries to Periodic Departmental Review Panels.
- Secretaries to the Faculty Boards, the Faculty Teaching Groups and the College Boards of Examiners.
- Guidance and advice on College policy and regulatory matters.
Merlin Harries, Assistant Registrar: Arts and Social Science (ext. 3986)
Clare Munton, Assistant Registrar: Science (ext. 4934)
Noreen Naughton, Assistant Registrar: Management, Economics and Law (ext. 3357)
Phil Taylor, Assistant Registrar: Partnerships (ext. 3973)
Academic Quality Officers
- Support and guidance for all quality assurance processes and maintenance of associated records, including validation, annual review and periodic departmental reviews.
- Provision and maintenance of teaching quality information.
- Servicing College and Faculty level committees, boards and working groups.
- Maintenance of the Academic Quality and Policy Office web pages.
- Oversight of External Examiners appointments.
John Hill, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 6166)
Gee-May Tang, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 4499) [Weds-Fri only]
Louise Watson, Academic Quality Officer (ext. 6536)
- Investigates a range of student cases including academic appeals, complaints and both academic and non-academic disciplinary offences;
- Supports the appointment and payment of External Examiners and the appointment of Chairs and Deputy Chairs of Sub-board.
Nicole Bester, Registry Administration Officer (ext. 4699)
For other queries, please use one of our alternative email addresses: