Posted on 02/04/2012
This event promises to be a motivational and inspirational experience
Royal Holloway is hosting a prestigious conference this month, ‘Lessons from Sporting Excellence’ on Thursday 19th April 2012 and we have some free tickets to be won.
Taking place just 100 Days until London becomes the centre of the World, winners will join Gold Medalist James Cracknell, Olympic Silver Medalist and Author Leon Taylor and Leadership Author Jeff Grout for a day of stories and experiences with special guests including Royal Holloway’s own Paralympic Gold Medalist Sophie Christiansen.
The one day event will provide a motivational and inspirational experience as well as some great practical ‘take-aways’ that will leave you thinking and feeling differently, including.
- Leadership lessons from the world of sport
- How to find the motivation for wellbeing
- How to be a really great mentor
- How to get into ‘the zone’
Any staff and students interested in attending can enter our prize draw for free tickets – all you have to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing in less that 50 words what motivates or inspires you here at Royal Holloway. Please include your contact telephone number and use the message header: 'Lessons from Sporting Excellence.'
Entries must be received by 12noon on Monday 16 April and winners will be notified.
The day at the Windsor Building will begin with coffee and registration from 9:00-9:30am and will end at 4:30pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided and there is no particular dress code for the event. The prize tickets have been provided by Campus Services and all staff and students of Royal Holloway are eligible to enter.
- James Cracknell - one of Britain’s most successful athletes of all time, with 2 Olympic Gold Medals, 6 World Championship titles and a string of phenomenal feats of endurance from Marathon de Sables to rowing the Atlantic.
- Leon Taylor - an Olympic Silver Medalist, inventor of the World’s most difficult 10m dive and Mentor to Tom Daley. He will be delivering his keynote speech as well as stories from his entertaining book ‘Mentor – The most important role you were never trained for’ provides an insight into what great mentors do.
- Jeff Grout - one of the Sunday Times 100 business speakers in the UK. Jeff will be providing insights and stories from his books based on interviews with extraordinary performers and leaders from the world of sport.
- Sophie Christiansen - from Royal Holloway's STARS programme, one of Team GB’s top Para dressage riders and winners of Paralympic, World and European gold medals. Sophie was appointed MBE in the 2009.