Posted on 20/06/2013
The Springboard Women’s Development Programme is an award-winning personal and work development programme for women which runs in over twelve countries around the world and has been taken up by many HE institutions in the UK, including Royal Holloway.
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the College’s involvement with Springboard which has seen nearly 200 women successfully complete the programme to date.
Whether it’s to improve work/life balance or to develop the skills to communicate more assertively and effectively, the Springboard programme of workshops, completing workbooks and networking has proved inspirational for many women.
Sue Oke, Staff Development Manager commented:
“Springboard caters for women in all walks of life and in different patterns of employment, and can help them to open up all sorts of opportunities for themselves. It is run at Royal Holloway to encourage women to assess themselves, set goals and then develop the practical skills and self-confidence needed to achieve those goals.”
On 11th June the Principal, Professor Paul Layzell congratulated the latest cohort of women, and presented them with their Springboard certificates, as pictured above.
The staff who completed the Springboard programme in June are:
· Claire Blevins - Graduate Trainee, Principal’s Office
· Katie Blow - Graduate Trainee, Principal’s Office
· Jackie Brackenbury - Secretary, School of Management
· Elaine Butler - Control Office Assistant, Finance
· Liz Chapman - Administrative Assistant (International), Royal Holloway International
· Linda Cummings - Maintenance Services Help Desk, Campus Services
· Alex Elbourn - Assistant Registrar (Science), Registry
· Carmela Froggatt - Postgraduate Faculty Administrator, Physics
· Jane Gawthrope - Faculty Manager, Arts & Social Sciences
· Sue Geddes - Performance Manager, Music
· Claire Hudson - Faculty Administrator (ISG/Distance), Mathematics (ISG)
· Siân-Marie Jenkins - Registry & UK Recruitment Co-ordinator, Registry
· Vicky Li - Admin Assistant, Registry
· Louisa Mairlot - Fair Access Co-ordinator, Registry
· Sara McDonnell - Information & Analysis Officer, Registry
· Laura Merron - Development & Alumni Officer, Communications & External Relations
· Nicola Moss - Faculty Administrator (Undergraduate), School of Biological Sciences
· Karen Palmer - Conversion & Communications Officer, Registry
· Emily Perrier - Business Development Manager, Campus Services
· Kerry Prendergast - Research Accounts Assistant, Finance
· Rebecca Schrod - Graduate Intern Widening Participation Assistant, Registry
· Jenna Sparkes - Senior Faculty Administrator, Computer Science
· Sandra Walton - Faculty Administrator, Centre for Criminology & Sociology
· Helen Worley - Recruitment Officer, Human Resources
If you are interested in signing up for a future Springboard programme contact the Staff Development Team by emailing: Staffdevelopment@rhul.ac.uk