We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Your country

Hong Kong

Hong_Kong_Night_Skyline2Royal Holloway has been welcoming students from Hong Kong for many years.

Hong Kong students at Royal Holloway take courses at all study levels, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and university preparation. 

The subjects they study are also varied and include Economics, Management, Psychology, Information Security, and Computer Science.

The Regional Manager who covers Hong Kong is Nathan Whittaker and he visits 2 to 3 times a year to attend exhibitions, visit schools, and meet prospective applicants interested in studying at Royal Holloway. If you have any questions or would like assistance with making an application please do not hesitate to contact him at  Nathan.Whittaker@royalholloway.ac.uk .

Applicants to Royal Holloway come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we accept a broad range of qualifications to our courses. Each applicant is considered carefully on their individual merits, but please see below for the standard minimum entry requirements for students from Hong Kong.


Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
Students who have taken the Hong Kong Diploma of Seconday Education will be considered for direct entry onto our undergraduate programmes. Specific grade requirements will depend on the course you are applying for, but departments will usually require between 5,4,4 and 5,5,5 including any subjects specified in GCE A level entry requirements.

A levels & International Baccalaureate (IB) 
Students who have taken A levels or the IB Diploma will be considered for direct entry onto our undergraduate programmes. Specific grade requirements can be found in the course finder entry for your chosen course.

Our International Foundation Year, run by Study Group, is a programme of academic and English language study skills for international students who do not meet the direct entry requirements for undergraduate study.



Bachelor's Degree
Students who have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject with good grades and at a reputable university will be considered for entry to a Royal Holloway Master's degree programme. Exact requirements will depend upon the programme you are applying for and the university you have studied at, but most departments will ask for a Bachelor's degree with a Second Class Honours, Lower Division or a Second Class Honours, Upper Division .

Master's Degree
Students who have successfully completed a Masters degree in an appropriate subject with good grades/GPA and at a reputable university will be considered for entry to a Royal Holloway MPhil/PhD programme. Exact requirements will depend upon the programme you are applying for.

English Language

Students will need to be able to prove that they have a minimum level of English language proficiency.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be able to take a Pre-sessional English Language Programme (PELP).



For undergraduate students, applications are made online via UCAS. Students applying for a University preparation course or a postgraduate course apply to Royal Holloway directly.

You can find further information on how to apply in the Study here section of the Royal Holloway website.

Royal Holloway offers a range of scholarships for our international students. You can find out which ones you're eligible for on our undergraduate scholarships page and postgraduate scholarship page.  

If you are considering postgraduate study at Royal Holloway, you can also find out about the external funding that is available to you.

Meet us in Hong Kong

Royal Holloway frequently makes trips to Hong Kong, so why not take the opportunity to meet us in person? You can find out more details about the next Royal Holloway visit to Hong Kong on the calendar on the Meet us in your country page.

Royal Holloway representatives in Hong Kong

Royal Holloway has appointed representatives in Hong Kong who can offer you advice and assistance with your application. 


British United Education Services Ltd
9/F Wai Hing Building
148 Prince Edward Road West
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 3426 9976
Email: info@britishunited.net  
Website: www.britishunited.net

LinkedU Overseas Education Ltd
Unit 1001, Kowloon Building
555 Nathan Road
Yau Ma Tei
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 2157 3820
Email: adrian@linkedu.hk   
Website: www.linkedu.hk


Amber Education
Room 1601, Office Tower One
Grand Plaza 625 & 639 Nathan Road
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 – 2377 7880
Email: mongkok@amberedu.com.hk  
Website: www.amberedu.com.hk


Amber Education
Unit 1417, 14F Star House
No. 3 Salisbury Road
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 2377 9115
Email: amberhk@ambereducation.com
Website: www.amberedu.com.hk


Amber Education
Room 1208, Tai Yau Building,
181 Johnston Road
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 – 2377 7888
E-mail: wanchai@amberedu.com.hk
Website: www.amberedu.com.hk

IDP Education
Room 2807, 28th Floor, Harbour Centre
25 Harbour Road,
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2827 6362 / Fax: +852 2827 9286
Email: info.hongkong@idp.com
Website: www.uk.idp.com

Universal Consultants
Flat C, 17/F, Great Smart Tower
No. 230 Wan Chai Road
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 2398 3639
Email: universal_lays@yahoo.com










Institutional partnerships

Royal Holloway has an exchange agreement with the University of Hong Kong. Please  see our partner institutions page for more details.


The local Chinese community

Royal Holloway has an active Chinese Society,which many students from Hong Kong join when starting their studies at Royal Holloway. The RHUL Chinese Society organises academic and extra-curricular activities for its members and the wider community at Royal Holloway on a regular basis.

Alumni Ambassador

We have a Regional Alumni Ambassador in Hong Kong who organises events for Royal Holloway alumni in Hong Kong and is also available to answer questions from prospective students and attend local exhibition events. For more information and contact details please see the Alumni Chapters section in the Alumni Getting Involved page

Useful Links


Follow us



Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback