We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Immigration and Visas

International students doing resits

exam resitsIf you're re-sitting examinations not in attendance for the May resits (Late April – June) then you are not required to participate in studies until the exam period begins towards the end of April. Therefore the above guidance from the UKVI does not allow the College to continue to sponsor you. The Academic Registry will not be able to issue you with a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) in this situation.

If you are not eligible to stay in the UK for any other reason, then you will have to return home.
It will not make a difference if you undertake to study or attend voluntarily, as you are not required to attend under such an arrangement and so College cannot issue a CAS. If on the other hand you enrol on an additional course with us to study further, or to repeat certain modules, then you may be eligible for sponsorship. This option is dependent on a course existing that is suitable for you and on you being willing and able to pay the appropriate fees.

I'm returning to the UK for the exam period, what do I do?

If you've left the UK at the end of your period of eligibility and then need to return to the UK for your re-sits, you can apply for a Short Term Study Visa up to three months before the start of the exam period. 

To help you apply for a Short Term Study Visa:

  • Request for a Student Status letter from the Student Services Centre via the online form here

  • Provide details of your exam as you will need to include this with your visa application. 

  • If you are a visa national you need to apply in your home country.

  • Non visa nationals can either obtain the visa in advance or apply on re-entry to the UK.

Please note: You cannot apply for this visa from within the UK.

What type of visa do I need to return to the UK and do my resit exams?

To return to the UK for your resits you need to apply for a Short Term Study visa. I

Please contact the staff in the International Student Support Office as they will be able to advise you. Email: internationaladvice@royalholloway.ac.uk.

If your application is successful, you will be allowed to return to the UK up to one month before the exam period begins.













Contact us

We're located at the International Building, Room 009, 

We're open: Mon-Fri, 10.00am to  4.00pm 

Email: internationaladvice@royalholloway.ac.uk


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback