Home > International home > After applying > Applying for accommodation

Applying for accommodation

Royal Holloway has a variety of accommodation available. Many of the halls of residence are situated just a few minutes away from your lectures and all the College facilities. Halls accommodation also offers you a friendly, secure environment with a dedicated team of wardens responsible for your welfare. The vast majority of student rooms have internet access and you can choose whether to apply for a self-catered or catered ‘pay-as-you-go’ hall.

When to apply

After you have applied for your programme of study and you have received and accepted your offer, you should apply for accommodation once the application process has opened for your student type. The application is made online and you must apply before the relevant deadline. There are different deadlines according to your level of study. After the deadline has passed, if your application is successful you will be offered a contract for accommodation.  You will need to pay a £300 pre-payment as a part of the contract.  The pre-payment is refunded if you do not meet the conditions of your academic offer or you are not granted a visa to study in the UK.

If you would prefer to live in a private house with other students near the campus, the Student Housing Bureau can provide you with assistance.  

How to apply

Please visit the Student Accommodation pages for further details and to apply online for Halls accommodation.|


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback