Health is a distinct branch of preventative healthcare, which
specialises in the relationship between work and health. The College's
Occupational Health service is delivered by OH Works and is committed to
protecting and promoting the health and welfare of employees.
The Occupational Health Service advise on various matters concerning
the effects of work on health and the effects of health on work. They
work to the benefit of both employer and employee, to prevent work
related ill-health by the:
- Prevention of ill-health by providing active advice and guidance.
- Support for managers to manage staff with health related issues.
- Provide practical and confidential health support for staff within the workplace.
- Advising on the control of potential health risks at work.
- Providing health surveillance in order to detect occupational health disease at an early stage.
- A preventative and pro-active approach.
Occupational Health facilitate stress awareness training sessions for
line managers and for all staff. Details are available on the staff
development web pages.
Occupational Health referrals are made by the Human Resources
Department. Should you wish to discuss potentially attending an
appointment with the College's Occupational Health Doctors please
contact your HR Manager.
The College's Health and Safety Office also works closely with the
Occupational Health service. Particulary in relation to health
surveillance, ergonomics and workstation advice and health promotion.
Further details are available on the Health and Safety website.
OH Works Referral Guidelines for Managers Aug 2014
Referral Process Flow Chart Aug 2014