The HR Partnerships and Advice team provide high quality professional advice and guidance to staff and work with managers on a range of HR activities including:
- Absence management
- Coaching and other management development activities
- Disciplinary matters
- Employee wellbeing including liaison with occupational health services
- Employment contracts and terms and conditions (including fixed term contracts)
- Performance management
- Policy development
- Probationary periods
- Restructuring, redeployment and redundancy situations
- Reward management
- Representing the College as appropriate at external agencies including Employment Tribunals.
- HR related committees and meetings including joint negotiating and consultation meetings with campus unions
- Inputting into reward strategy including HERA, pay frameworks and benchmarking
The HR Operations team play an active role in shaping the College's information and staff systems function. Areas of work include:
- System management support, training, development and administration in relation to the College's ResourceLink HR/Payroll application including My-View and web timesheets.
- Inputting into strategy, policy and approaches in relation to the development of the HR systems and information functions.
- Interpretation and delivery of HR related management information and statistical returns.
Recruitment for the College is managed by the Recruitment Officer alongside the HR Assistants. The HR Operations team offer a professional and friendly service for all recruitment and selection processes. They work closely with the wider HR department to ensure managers and candidates are provided with an efficient, responsive and flexible resourcing service.
Areas of work include:
- Advice and guidance on recruitment and selection processes and procedures
- Working closely with recruiting managers on preparing and placing advertisements in appropriate media.
- Working closely with recruiting managers on preparing job descriptions, person specifications and adverts.
- Ensuring that the College's recruitment processes are fair and open and reflect best practice in the sector.
- Liaising with applicants about interview and selection processes.
- Taking up employment references.
- Advising recruiting managers on immigration and UKBA requirements.
- Issuing offer letters and terms & conditions of employment.
- Liaising with recruitment and temporary worker agencies, when necessary.
Further information about Recruitment at the College, including Recruitment and Selection Forms and Guidelines can be found here.
If you wish to view job opportunities at the College please visit our online web recruitment site.
The Organisation Development has College-wide responsibility for analysing and addressing the development needs of staff. Development opportunities include:
- A wide range of seminars and workshops delivered on campus
- Opportunities to attend external conferences and seminars
- A programme of leadership and management development
- Support to pursue professional qualifications
- Support for continuous professional development
Further information, including details of upcoming events, can be found on the Organisation Development web pages.