Take the two MA History half-unit core courses
Take four optional half units from among the following courses (subject to availability):
- Women and the Crusades 1000-1300
- Women in England 1300-1500
- Material Culture of Domestic Life: European Households 1400-1800
- The English Court 1485-1603
- The Body of the Renaissance and Early Modern Europe
- Gendering the Modern Islamic World
- Women in Classical Antiquity
- Public Decency and Private Morals: Twentieth-Century British History
- Fin de Siecle: Sex, 'Race' and Literary Culture in Britain 1880-1990
- "Behind the Veil": The Age of the Victorians
Intercollegiate courses include:
- Women, Gender and British Society in Modern Britain since 1900 (King's)
- Eighteenth-Century Women in England: Expressions and Possibilities (Queen Mary)
- A New World for Women: Twentieth-Century Feminism and Citizenship (Goldsmiths)
Write a dissertation of 12,000-15,000 words.
The courses are taken in the autumn and spring terms.
The bulk of the work for the dissertation is done during the summer.