Why study with us?
Royal Holloway’s Geography Department is one of the world’s leading centres for geographical research and teaching.
Our undergraduate degrees consistently achieve very high scores in the National Student Survey (NSS). We are ranked third in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2018) This outstanding achievement reflects the excellent standard of courses in both human and physical geography, and the strong pastoral and tutorial support our students benefit from.
We have also been rated the 2nd best geography department in the UK for research excellence. We are very proud of our distinctive research and teaching profile. As well as being excellent research training, our extensive programme of fieldwork helps to bring the department together as a real community. This is a friendly and welcoming place, where you will both feel at home, and be inspired by great teaching by some of the leading lights in UK Geography.
We look forward to meeting you at one of our Open Days, and we hope that you’ll apply to join us here.
- Outstanding student satisfaction ratings making us one of the country’s top Geography departments.
- Our single honours degrees are accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institue of British Geographers).
- A friendly department with academic, technical and administrative staff, who all take an active role in the well-being of students.
- Flexible degree programmes allowing you to explore areas of Geography which interest you.
- Content taught by staff researching at the cutting edge of their respective areas.
- Consistently ranked in the top tier in national research assessment exercises.
- Strong pastoral and student support system, consistently held by the College as an example of good practice.
- International recognition of our teaching and research.
- A safe and green campus with excellent links into London.
What's more, you'll get a degree from the University of London, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
The Department of Geography is home to more than 400 undergraduate students, more than 130 postgraduate students and is one of the largest and most dynamic graduate schools in UK geography. We run five undergraduate and five taught postgraduate programmes, and are home to a community of about 80 PhD students. Click on the tabs below to find out more.
Further information for prospective undergraduate students.
Information about our range of MA and MSc programmes.
Details of our research community, and research opportunities
Find your Geography course