Home > Complaints procedure
More in this section Royal Holloway Halls

Complaints procedure

Policy and Procedure for Formal Complaint Against Accommodation Allocation

Please read this carefully.

The Accommodation Allocation Formal Complaints Procedure is only available if you have already requested an appeal within the given timescale, received a review and still believe that you have been unfairly disadvantaged. It is not sufficient that you are unhappy with your allocation and disatisfaction with an allocation is not sufficient grounds to complain. You must be able to demonstrate that you have been unfairly disadvantaged and that you have gone through the Room Allocation Appeals process first.

Procedure to make a Formal Complaint about the Accommodation Allocation Process:

1. Please send your complaint via email with the subject heading, “Formal Complaint against Accommodation Allocation”, by clicking on the link below.

2. Your complaint must be submitted within 10 days of receiving notification of our review of your appeal. Your complaint must be addressed to student-enquiries@royalholloway.ac.uk and include the following details:

Student Reference Number

First Name

Last Name

Hall allocation

Full explanation; reasons why you believe that you have been unfairly disadvantaged

Date of your original appeal

Date of our review

3. The Student Services Centre team will respond to the complaint in writing within 21 days.

You can also view the College Complaints Procedure for Students.





Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback