Cheque and cash deposits are paid to Department codes or supplier accounts at the Cash Office.
Departmental Income Form
Bring the form together with the cheques and cash along to the Cash Office and we will process the transaction and give you a receipt. The amount will then appear on your finance reports the next working day.
In order to keep your waiting time at the Cash Office to a minimum please observe the following:
- Forms need to be completed clearly so that the correct information appears on your reports.
- Cheques should be payable to 'RHBNC', 'RHUL' or 'Royal Holloway University of London' and should be paid in as soon as possible. Cheques over six months old will not be accepted.
- Cheques payable in US Dollars or Euros can be accepted for negotiation but cannot be credited straight away. You will be given a temporary receipt and your code/account will be credited once the bank has settled the cheque.
- Sub-project and account numbers should be written on the back of cheques so that items returned by the bank can be correctly allocated.
- Cash Office staff are not able to open accounts or new codes so please check these details are correct and up to date before you bring your deposit to us.
- If you have a large amount of notes or coins to pay in it may be mutually beneficial to contact us beforehand to agree the best time to visit the counter. We do ask that units try to avoid lunch time periods during term time when student enquiries are at their heaviest.
- Coin needs to be bagged in the appropriate denominations in the coin bags available from the bank on Campus or in advance from the Cash Office.