We held a flash mob between 1 and 2 pm on Saturday 28th February in Trafalgar square. We were asking for more responses from the public about the recession, getting everyone to write their thoughts in any language or style onto our plain white sheets. We didn’t want to inhibit the public in any way as we wanted to make sure that we got a feel for exactly how the community felt. We hope to use this emotional response for our own creative work.
Here is a selection of responses we had from the flash mob.
- There is more to life than money…right?
- Does anyone know the reason why…erm will anyone explain it properly so I can understand?
- Consumerism consumed itself
- Sucks £ sucks
- Will it affect me?
- Bad for me. My mum limits my spending money
- Bank Robbers!
- Recession? What Recession
- Mal Tiempo $
- I’ve always been poor- I’m used to it by now!
- Find out where bankers live and rob them
- Everybody saw it coming
- Good 4 community, bad for bankers!
- Graduated at wrong time, lets all go back into education and rack up more debts!
- Bounce back?
- Bankers- shame on you
- Apparently the only ones helped during the recession are businesses!
- This is a grave issue
- Quality of life can be rich with little money!
- Forget money, you can’t take it with you
- The recession can be positive too - people consume less