This creative project followed on from our interactive online poetry project. We spent the afternoon in Kingston asking members of the public how they felt about the recession. We then collated these thoughts and wrote them down in the shape of pound signs, circles and numbers. etc. We felt that this creative medium was a visually appealing way of putting these responses about such a relative matter into the public eye. The public were very positive in terms of responding to this part of our project and we got many responses – some positive, some negative with regards to the recession.
Here is a selection of responses we had from the concrete poetry event.
- We all feel the same
- Don’t panic, it will get better soon
- We always survive, keep smiling
- You don’t need to be a millionaire to live. live life, get loose, BE FREE
- Everytime I turn on the news DEPRESSION
- UNITY. Whos telling me the truth. What is a recession? I’m stoked on life
- I’m sure we’ll survive
- Money isn’t everything sometimes it just seems like it is
- Time passes by-no money-no money (circle poem)
- When I was young money was fun, now I’m old moneys cold
- Money is tight. Rain is falling but my pockets are dry
- Living on a shoe string