Medieval MA Full Course List
The list below includes all the courses validated for the Medieval MA. Only a selection of them will be offerered in any one year. Click here for the current offerings.
Note that this course runs over two terms (20 credits).
- HS5217 The Research Development Course
Note that these courses run over two terms (40 credits).
- HS5200 Medieval London: Society and Literature
- EN5607 Medieval Narratives
It may also also be possible to substitute HS5201 The Crusades as a programme course.
All option courses run over one term (20 credits). Only a selection of these run every year.
- EN5604 Arthurian Literature and Tradition in England
- HS5219 Byzantium and the First Two Crusades
- HS5220 Byzantium & the Crusades: From the Origins of the 4th Crusade to the Fall of Constantinople
- EN5613 Chaucer
- HS5211 Magic, Miracle, and Medicine in Medieval England
- EN5611 Medieval Literary London
- HS5517 Medieval Pilgrimage
- EN5609 Old English Riddles
- EN5612 The Visual and The Verbal
Students may also choose options from other MA programmes.
Skills courses may run over one or two terms (20 credits). Only a selection of these run every year.
- HS5250 Introductory Latin for Medievalists
- HS5251 Further Latin for Medievalists
- EN5602 Pre-Conquest English
- EN5601 Reading Middle English
- HS5237 Museum Skills