Why Study English at Royal Holloway?
The Department of English at Royal Holloway is one of the leading schools of English in the world, in the top 100 internationally according to the QS University Rankings 2015/16. We are distinctive in combining close attention to students and high student satisfaction (91% overall in the last National Student Survey) with a top-20 UK research ranking.
We offer you:
- a variety of outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, awarded by the University of London.
- a large selection of course options in all areas (over 40 in year 3), allowing you to develop expertise across the subject, from medieval to contemporary.
- Creative Writing for all students and the opportunity to work with leading authors.
- A community of learning with academics providing individual attention to students.
- Support with skills and employment.
- the possibility of an integrated year abroad as part of the undergraduate degree