Why Study English at Royal Holloway?
The Department of English at Royal Holloway is one of the leading schools of English in the world, in the top 150 internationally according to the QS University Rankings 2017/18. We are distinctive in combining close attention to students and high student satisfaction (93% satisfaction with the course in the last National Student Survey) with a top-20 UK research ranking.
We offer you:
- A variety of outstanding undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses
- A prestigious University of London degree
- A large selection of course options in all areas (40+ in years 2 and 3), allowing you to follow your passions from medieval to contemporary
- Creative Writing available to all students and the opportunity to work with leading authors if taking one of our nationally-renowned Creative Writing degrees
- A community of learning with academics providing individual attention to students
- The possibility of an integrated year abroad as part of the undergraduate degree
- Fantastic support with skills and employment