EN2325 Modernist Literature
Summer Reading List 2016-17
Course Tutor: Dr Will Montgomery/ Professor Fordham
Autumn Term (poetry)
Students should prepare themselves for the course by reading:
- Gertrude Stein, 'Tender Buttons'
- T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land
Both texts are available on Bartleby.com.
Spring Term (prose)
Unless there's an indication that photocopies will be provided, you should BUY the following (you might find some of the texts on-line, but they may be corrupt, they will lack both good and useful introductions and recommendations for further reading).
NB: All Oxford World Classics, except Beckett.
- Joseph Conrad, The Secret Agent (Oxford World Classics)
- James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (Oxford World Classics)
- Virginia Woolf, Mrs Dalloway (Oxford World Classics)
- Katherine Mansfield, 'Short Stories' (Oxford World Classics)
- Samuel Beckett, The Expelled, The Calmative, The End, with First Love (Faber)