Posted on 12/04/2013
HARTS & Minds: Journal of Humanities and Arts
Space and Place in the Humanities and Arts, for publication September 2013
Call for Papers – please submit by 17 May 2013
This call for papers invites submissions by postgraduate students (MA, MSc, MPhil, MLitt, PhD) for the second edition of HARTS & Minds due to be published online in September 2013.
Abstracts should be approximately 300 words in length and articles no longer than 6000 words.
Articles may explore (but are not limited to) the following subjects:
- Aesthetic responses to gallery and non-gallery spaces;
- Significant aspects of space within visual representations;
- Use of concert spaces, both historical and contemporary;
- Solitude or crowds;
- Performance venues and staging;
- Psychological and figurative space;
- Urban or rural;
- Architecture and its role in other discourse;
- Archaeological spaces;
- Surveillance, panoptical structures;
- Space and place as realms of becoming;
- Queer places and spaces;
- Gendered spaces;
- In language and semiotics;
- Geographies and archaeologies;
- Ethnicity and space;
- Disabled spaces and places;
- Monstrous or haunted spaces;
- War and space, battlefields or memorial gardens;
- Set design, the construction of space and the representation of place in film, television;
- Cyberspace, virtual realities;
- Spaces and places of the future, utopian or dystopian.
Please submit your abstract and draft article along with an academic CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 May 2013.
Please consider that HARTS & Minds is intended as a truly inter-disciplinary journal and therefore esoteric topics will need to be written about with a general academic readership in mind.
+ For full submission guidelines, please visit the journal website.
+ The editorial board can be contacted with specific questions at email@example.com