Each year you will take two course units in each subject, including both core and optional units, allowing you to specialise in specific areas of interest.
In the first year, you will take Principles of Economics and Quantitative Methods in Economics I. These will provide the analytical framework of economics and the quantitative and statistical tools used in the field. For Management you will study Management & the Modern Corporation and Accounting for Management.
In the second year, you will take Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Strategic Management and one option from a choice of Management units.
In the final year you will have the choice of two Economics course units, including an optional dissertation. You will also take Modern Business in Comparative Perspective and either another whole unit or two half-unit options in Management.
Throughout the course, you will:
- appreciate and apply the core theories of micro and macroeconomics
- understand and apply mathematical and statistical techniques to analyse and solve economic problems
- choose and use the tools and techniques you need to succeed as a manager
- gain experience in logical and philosophical reasoning
- acquire the skills necessary for the development of your creative and decision-making capabilities.
All undergraduate degree courses at Royal Holloway are based on the course unit system. This system provides an effective and flexible approach to study, while ensuring that our degrees have a coherent and developmental structure. In the case of combined degree courses, this approach also makes it possible to change the balance of your subjects during your time at Royal Holloway.
see the websites of the Department of Economics and the School of Management for further information.